Official Rules (the ”Rules”)
Updated on March 19, 2020 – Please note that the Rules have been updated so that the deadline for the Sweepstakes is extended up until 11:59 pm on March 20, 2020. All other terms and conditions remain unchanged.
1. SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR: BroadbandTV Corp., 1205 Melville Street, Vancouver, BC V6E 0A6 Canada (the ”Sponsor”).
HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Sweepstakes, an entrant must meet the eligibility requirements below (each an ”Entrant” or ”You”).
The Entrant must complete and submit the survey (the ”Survey”) located at:
(each Survey completed and submitted is considered an ”Entry”).
Entries are good only for the person who successfully entered the Sweepstakes by completing and submitting the Entry. Any attempt to transfer, purchase, sell, or exchange an Entry other than as set for herein is void and without effect. Entries have no cash value and will expire at the end of the Sweepstakes period.
2. ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY: Entrants can also enter the Sweepstakes by mail by sending a hardcopy of a completed Survey, including his/her name, mailing address, e-mail address and age to the following address:
BroadbandTV’s VISO Survey Contest 2020
c/o BroadbandTV Corp.
1205 Melville Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 0A6
3. DURATION OF SWEEPSTAKES: The Sponsor shall accept entries starting at 11:59:00pm on February 26, 2020 and will stop accepting entries after 11:59 pm on March 20, 2020. All times and dates are determined using PT Pacific Standard Time (PT). The winner of this Sweepstakes (the “Prize Winners”) will be announced directly to the recipient email from the Sponsor on March 27, 2020.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Only legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia (excluding Rhode Island and Maine) who are thirteen (13) years or older at the time of entry are eligible to enter. Minors must get their parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter. Employees of the Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates and its sweepstakes agencies, as well as the immediate family and household members of each such employee, are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Anyone in the Sponsor’s sole discretion that is found to: (a) be using multiple accounts to participate in the Sweepstakes, or (b) is participating in an attempt to hijack the Sweepstakes (e.g. participating in collaboration with other Entrants), will be ineligible, and his/her entry or entries in the Sweepstakes will be judged void. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram (each a “Platform”; collectively, the “Platforms”). Entrants are providing information to the Sponsor and not to any Platform.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of Entrants. In the event that more than one drawing of the Prizes is required, any non-winning Entrants from the previous drawings will be included in subsequent drawings for the same Sweepstakes.
6. PRIZES: Based on the number of Entrants, the Sponsor shall randomly select three (3) Entrants as the winners of the Sweepstakes (the “Prize Winners”), who will each receive either: (a) one (1) set of Apple AirPod Pros; or (b) one (1) $100.00 Amazon Gift Card; or (iii) one (1) $50.00 Amazon Gift Card (each a “Prize”). The Prize for each Prize Winner shall be randomly selected by the Sponsor.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PRIZE WINNER. All prizes for the Sweepstakes will be awarded. The Prize Winner will be directly contacted on March 27, 2020 by way of email notification. In order for the Prize Winner to receive their Prize, they will be required to provide the Sponsor with a valid email address. The Prize Winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility before he/she can receive the Prize. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fifteen (15) days after delivery of notification will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Prize Winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one Prize per household or address. All Prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Winning the Sweepstakes is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
7. PRIZE AVAILABILITY: In the event that the Prizes offered are no longer available by manufacturers or retailers, a product of equivalent value will be given to the Prize Winner.
10. PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST: By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant grants to Sponsor and its affiliated companies, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable worldwide right and license (but not the obligation) in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, to use, modify and create derivative works based on his/her name, likeness, picture, image, identity, address (city and state), email address, voice, biographical information, social media handles and written or oral statements (collectively, an “Entrant’s Image”), for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor and its goods and services, without any form of compensation to such Entrant. Each participating Entrant shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, rights of integrity or attribution, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of such Entrant’s Image. The rights and license granted under this paragraph shall extend to Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, and its domestic and foreign affiliated companies and agents for all Entrants in the Sweepstakes, including Entrants who are selected as the Prize Winner and those Entrants who are not so selected.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, irregular, or misdirected “tweets”, “likes”, “follows”, or other types of social media engagements on any of the Platforms, email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions or human errors that may occur. If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or more prizes are awarded than planned, including, without limitation, due to a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, the Sponsor may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Entrants further agree to release the Sponsor from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the Sweepstakes or the awarding or use of any prize. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or withdraw the Sweepstakes at any time. By entering the Sweepstakes, the Prize Winner releases the Sponsor and the Platforms, and their respective affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or the delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
12. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of an Entrant and/or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, and by its courts, without regard to its conflict of law principles. To the fullest extent permitted by law, each Entrant agrees that: (a) any such action shall be brought by such Entrant individually (not as part of a class action); (b) the courts sitting in the Province of British Columbia may exercise personal jurisdiction over such Entrant; and (c) his/her recovery shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in participating in the Sweepstakes (if any) with all right to other recovery (including damages of any kind and attorneys’ fees) being expressly waived. If any provision of these Rules shall be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law and the parties’ fundamental intentions hereunder, and the remaining provisions shall not be affected or impaired, provided however, that in such cases the parties oblige themselves to use their best efforts to achieve the purpose of the invalid provision by a new legally valid stipulation.
13. GENERAL: Decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes and the awarding of the Prize Package and are not subject to appeal.
14. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the Prize Winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: BBTV’s VISO Survey Contest 2020, c/o BroadbandTV Corp., 1205 Melville Street, Vancouver, BC Canada V6E 0A6 requesting the name of the Prize Winner no later than May 20, 2020.
15. OFFICIAL RULES: A copy of these Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to BBTV’s VISO Survey Contest 2020, c/o BroadbandTV Corp., 1205 Melville Street, Vancouver, BC Canada V6E 0A6 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a copy of the Official Rules no later than March 20, 2020, or by visiting http://bbtv.com/contest-rules-social-media for an electronic copy.
These Official Rules are effective as of March 19, 2020. COPYRIGHT NOTICE: The Sweepstakes and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2020 BroadbandTV Corp